2007.06.22: Most pages are not ready, therefore the navigation has been disabled. Please be patient as the site is slowly being made. In the meantime, read below for the official guidelines to Ficathon 2007.
Shitennou.com 2007 Ficathon
Please read the information below carefully.
- You must sign up.
- You must submit your story on time. (See guideline #3 & #4.)
- Your story must be within the word limits. (See guideline #5.)
The rules allow me to reward the official participants. Your participation is official when you've signed up (therefore I know you're actually in the ficathon), and have submitted an original fanfic you've written that deals with the theme(s) while staying within the word and time limits.
The Sign Up:
- Your name/pen-name. (This name will go on your participation badge.)
- A contactable e-mail address. (To prevent spambots, please disguise it, e.g. wyse_k[at]yahoo.com.au)
- Are you old enough and comfortable with reading adult material (i.e. smut)?
- (optional) Your favourite senshi and/or shitennou.
- (optional) A random number between 1 and 20.
The name you give should reflect what you want on your participation badge: e.g. I mostly use "Wyse", but I'd prefer my official badge to have my full pen-name, therefore I'd sign-up with "K. Wyse". The e-mail address lets me contact you with ficathon updates, and harassment as the deadline approaches. I have a thing against sending porn (no matter how tasteful) to a minor or to someone who doesn't like it anyway - it makes me feel all kinds of icky, so please state your preference. Your favourite senshi/shitennou lets me know what kind of fic you'd like if given the choice. If you guess this ficathon's lucky number, you get a second Secret Santa fic. Good luck!
- Anyone can sign-up. Whether youve just started writing fanfiction, or youve been writing for years, anyones welcome and the aim of these ficathons is to stretch the writer in you.
- This years theme is non-couple interaction. It can be platonic, smutty, hateful, etc. Whatever takes your fancy. It could be Kunzite and Ami complaining about Minako and Zoisite having blonde-moments. It could be Makoto and Zoisite discussing the finer arts of annoying Nephrite. It could be Rei hating Kunzite for taking Minako away from her. It could be Makoto having a secret affair with Jadeite. Whatever it is, I dont want to see: Ami/Zoisite, Minako/Kunzite, Makoto/Nephrite, and Rei/Jadeite. To be clear, these couples may exist in your story, but I dont want to see their interactions.
- The official dates for this years ficathon are as follows:
- Advertising: early June 2007
- Sign-up: 15th to 30th June 2007
- Writing: 1st July to 12th September 2007
- Submission: 12th September 2007 23:59:59 GMT (see below)
- Secret Santa Mail Outs: 14th September 2007 (at the latest)
- Entrants Access to All Submissions: 23rd September 2007
- Public Access to All Submissions: 7th October 2007
- The submission deadline is one second before midnight GMT time. At the time indicated, I will send an e-mail announcing the end of the main part of the ficathon. If you have not submitted before that e-mail, your participation is forfeit. If you'd like to know more about GMT (Greenwich Median Time), this wikipedia article may help. Due to the overall extended nature of this year's ficathon, the usual 7-day extension is not available this year; furthermore, to help you meet the official deadline, I will be harassing you to submit ASAP, with September 1st as the unofficial deadline. Anyway, the official deadline translates approximately to (... find your area in the table below). N.B. The table's data was compiled using the Windows Date and Time Properties function (open the computer clock in the bottom right of your screen -> check what time zone youre in):
Deadline Date/Time Corresponding Locations 12th September, 14:00 Hawaii 12th September, 15:00 Alaska 12th September, 16:00 Pacific Time (US & Canada), Tijuana 12th September, 17:00 Mountain Time (US & Canada), Arizona, La Paz 12th September, 18:00 Central Time (North America), Mexico City, Saskatchewan 12th September, 19:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada), Lima, Bogota 12th September, 20:00 Atlantic Time (Canada), Santiago, Caracas 12th September, 20:30 Newfoundland 12th September, 21:00 Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Greenland, Georgetown 12th September, 23:59 London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia 13th September, 01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna, Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Prague, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris, Sarajevo, Warsaw, West Central Africa 13th September, 02:00 Athens, Istanbul, Minsk, Bucharest, Cairo, Harare, Pretoria, Helsinki, Kyiv, Riga, Sofia, Tallinn, Vilnius, Jerusalem 13th September, 03:00 Baghdad, Kuwait, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Bolgograd, Nairobi 13th September, 03:30 Tehran 13th September, 04:00 Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi, Yerevan 13th September, 04:30 Kabul 13th September, 05:00 Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent 13th September, 05:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi 13th September, 05:45 Kathmandu 13th September, 06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk, Astana, Dhaka, Sri Jayawardenepura 13th September, 06:30 Rangoon 13th September, 07:00 Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Krasnoyarsk 13th September, 08:00 Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi, Taipei, Irkutsk, Ulaan Bataar, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Western Australia 13th September, 09:00 Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo, Seoul, Yakutsk 13th September, 09:30 Central Australia 13th September, 10:00 Eastern Australia, Guam, Port Moresby, Vladivostok 13th September, 11:00 Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia 13th September, 12:00 Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshall Islands
- Submissions are to be:
- In Word Document (.doc) or Text (.txt) file.
- In Times New Roman or Arial font (recommended but not mandatory).
- Effects to be kept to italics, bold, underline.
- Paragraphs are our friends.
- Word limits: 500 min.; 5000 intermediary cap (good place to stop); 10000 absolute maximum.
- Sent to: email@example.com
- Prizes are awarded to those who show continued participation. All participants receive a participation badge. Those who have participated in four of the five ficathons from 2006 to 2010, INCLUDING the 2009 ficathon, will receive a compilation CD of the music used in 2009. Those who have participated in all five ficathons from 2006 to 2010, will receive the compilation CD AND a printed and bound copy of all the ficathon entries. Your participation is official upon the criteria stated in the rules.
- Extra bits and pieces:
- Once youve signed up, you can pretty much start writing straight away. I will e-mail you on the 1st of July with your participation ID and a few other bits and pieces, i.e. the ficathon's lucky number.
- If its after the sign-up period and you want to participate, you are welcome to e-mail me with your sign-up details (minus the lucky number). However, I must caution you that youll have less time than the other participants to complete your submission and there will be no special treatment for you despite having less time.
- If you're on my 'Nice List', you get special treatment e.g. if possible, I will send you a Secret Santa featuring your favourite senshi/shitennou or your preferred genre e.g. comedy, angst, WAFF, etc. To get on the 'Nice List', you have to submit early - like at least a week or two early. People on my 'Naughty List' dont receive any fics. Its a good thing that the Naughty List doesnt exist, ne?! ^^
- Finally a caution: I know that the deadline is at an ungodly hour of the night for many of us, so please dont wait until the last second to send it in. This is just a friendly writing festival dont stress out, and most importantly, take care of yourselves i.e. do not overdose on coffee, and get plenty of rest.
If you've made it this far, you deserve my congratulations.
If you have any questions, e-mail me. The FAQs will be up as soon as I can get all the pages made.
I wish you all the best, and happy writing!